Today, we released our newest update to the iOS platform, sporting cool new features and a new user interface for our iPad version. In this release we focused on bringing an even better experience to our users with the following key features:
- WeatherBug is now a universal app, working across iPhone, iPod and iPad with the same download!
- We added a new Spotlight section to our iPad version, which will showcase breaking news, awesome articles and more to help you Know Before™.
- Our iPad version now has Spark, the WeatherBug feature that turns your device into a personal lightning detector to help you stay safe from electrifying dangers.
- We increased our forecast range from 7 days to 10 days so you can plan your life with more ease and precision.
- Included a thunderstorm percentage to our Hourly forecast so you know when severe weather will strike.
- There are new day selection buttons in the hourly forecast so you can find the day and hour in question quickly and easily.
- A new map zoom feature allows you to zoom in or out of our maps with more precision.
- Added in more background themes so you can customize the look of your WeatherBug to fit your style.
- Made several stability and performance enhancements
You’ll also get access to the largest weather and lightning network in the world (ours!), bringing you 25% more accurate forecasts and 50% faster severe weather alerts than any other weather app available!