It’s important for the family to regularly get together for some bonding time, but frequent outings can become expensive and stretch the your wallet thin. Whether you have a limited budget, or just saving money, there are many activities that the entire family can engage and enjoy.
Here are our Top 5 FREE Winter Family Activities:
- Movie Night – Go to your local library to rent movies. The rental is typically free and there are tons of family-oriented movies to choose from!
- Philanthropy – Money isn’t the only thing you can donate — you can donate your time! Get the whole clan involved and go volunteer at a local charity event. Not only will you make lasting family memories, you’ll also give a helping hand in doing good in the community.
- Family Dinner – Look in your pantry and refrigerator, then think of a creative meal together. Be sure to assign each member of your family a job!
- Backyard Olympics – You can easily set up an obstacle course in your own backyard with lawn chairs, sporting equipment and hoses. Get into teams (or play everyman-for-themself) for fun games like a 3-legged race, an egg drop or a timed sprint competition.
- Hit the Trail – Find the closest hiking trail, pack some food and water and hit the dusty trail. Hiking is a great physical activity for the whole family. Look for local wildlife and enjoy what Mother Nature has to offer!
Have a Great Weekend! Know Before™.
The WeatherBug – Earth Networks Team