WeatherBug was at this year’s Consumer Electronic Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NV – the annual trade show for all things consumer tech - and wanted to share with you some of the buzz and news from the show.
We were checking out the latest technologies and were pleased to see WeatherBug featured on the vast show floor:
So, what are the top 5 trends we saw at the show? Here they are:
- Wearable tech – From smart watches to sensors in a baby’s onesie, it seems we are destined to get more intertwined with technology far beyond the phones we keep in our pockets.
- Smart everything – Imagine being able to control all your home entertainment, appliances, water, and heating/cooling from a centralized network – it won’t be long until we live like the Jetsons. WeatherBug is on the forefront of this trend since weather is the biggest driver of home energy use. Our WeatherBug Home product will help reduce your energy footprint (and bill) by using our massive weather network.
- Robotics and drones – There were some really cool things that we saw – such as a flying drone that can follow you on your ski down the slopes, recording your awesome run – pretty wild!
- Health tech – We saw amazing products that tap into biometric technology such as fitness trackers and heart-rate monitors, but were impressed by a broader world of health tech like a smart pillbox that tells you when you need to take your medication.
- Car tech – Soon we’ll be able to stay connected on our commute! Automakers are working to bring the Web to the dashboard as well as products to keep drivers and passengers entertained. Don’t be surprised to find apps for your car!
Stay Safe! Know Before™.
The WeatherBug – Earth Networks Team